ADA Resources for Hotels
ADA National Network's Hospitality & Disability Initiative
The Hospitality & Disability Initiative
of the ADA National Network provides a variety of web-based resources
for the hospitality industry including hotels, restaurants and
more. The ADA National Network also has a topical page on
If you need an immediate answer about your obligations, call (800) 949-4232 during routine business hours.
Customer Service and Communicating with Guests
- Accessible Customer Service Practices for Hotel and Lodging Guest with Disabilities (DOJ Resource)
- The ADA National Network developed a Fact Sheet on Effective Communication that highlights the revised regulations.
- Communicating with Guests who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing in Hotels, Motels, and Other Places of Transient Lodging (DOJ Resource)
- ADA Guide for Places of Lodging: Serving Guests Who Are Blind Or Who Have Low Vision (DOJ Resource)
- ADA Checklist for Readily Achievable Barrier Removal (updated for DOJ's 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design)
Free ADA Help
If you have a question about your rights or obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, call the Great Lakes ADA Center: