Celebrating 27 Years of the ADA
Join ADA-Indiana in Bloomington on July 22: Event open to the public!
ADA-Indiana will be participating in the ADA Celebration on July 22, 9 am to Noon, hosted by the City of Bloomington and several organizations that serve people with disabilities. The public is invited to visit the celebration during the Farmers Market in the Showers Plaza (City Building) on Saturday morning. (Rain or shine!) Several booths will be set up with fun activities and prizes for everyone.
27th Anniversary of the ADA
July 26th, 2017 will mark the 27th Anniversary of the ADA. (Visit our ADA Guide to find out more about the Americans with Disabilities Act.)
- President Trump's Presidential Proclamation: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/07/25/president-donald-j-trump-proclaims-july-26-2017-day-celebration-27th
- Great Lakes ADA Center's 27th Anniversary Tool Kit: http://adagreatlakes.com/Resources/Anniversary/
- ADA National Network, ADA Anniversary Resource Kit: http://www.adaanniversary.org
- U.S. Department of Justice 27th ADA Anniversary Publication: https://www.ada.gov/27th_anniv_rpt.html
- U.S. Census Bureau’s Facts for Features: Anniversary of Americans with Disabilities Act: July 26, 2017
- ADA National Network's annual update on the Americans with Disabilities Act: ADA Update, 27 Years Later with the EEOC and DOJ
Free ADA Help
If you have a question about your rights or obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, call the Great Lakes ADA Center: