Project Civic Access in Indiana
What is Project Civic Access?
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has for several years coordinated their Project Civic Access initiative. Project Civic Access is "...wide-ranging effort to ensure that counties, cities, towns, and villages comply with the ADA by eliminating physical and communication barriers that prevent people with disabilities from participating fully in community life."
Visit the Project Civic Access website.
DOJ Settlement Agreements with Indiana Municipalities
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), as part of their Project Civic Access, has been to six Indiana communities. Below are the web links to the Settlement Agreements the DOJ entered into with each community.
- Settlement Agreement with Madison, Indiana - (2011)
- Settlement Agreement with LaPorte County, Indiana - (2009)
- Settlement Agreement with Gary, Indiana - (2005)
- Settlement Agreement with Allen County, Indiana - (2005)
- Settlement Agreement with Jeffersonville, Indiana (2004)
- Settlement Agreement with New Albany, Indiana (2001)
Free ADA Help
If you have a question about your rights or obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, call the Great Lakes ADA Center: