These materials were prepared by the ADA National Network (the DBTAC's) for the 20th Anniversary of the ADA. You can visit their ADA Anniversary website for more materials and information about the ADA National Network.
- Overview of Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA)
- ADA from a Civil Rights Perspective
- ADA - Findings, Purpose, and History
- ADA Stories from Indiana (Visit ADA-Indiana's YouTube Channel to listen to stories from Hoosiers about the ADA.)
- President George H.W. Bush signing the ADA
- ADA Basic Building Blocks - The ADA National Network has an introductory webcourse on the Americans with Disabilities Act that covers the basics.
- ADA-Indiana's Audio Conference Program - There are 12 locations throughout the state where you can attend the monthly ADA Audio Conference to learn and update your knowledge about the ADA.
- ADA National Network's Free Webinars - The ADA National Network offers at least 2 free webinars each month on advanced topics under the ADA. The series they are currently running include: Legal Issues, Accessible Technology, and AccessibilityOnline (a collaboration with the U.S. Access Board).
- Other Online Training Opportunities on the ADA - There are numerous online training options on the ADA that can be accessed for free.
New Resources & Information on the ADA
These are Internet links to resources and information related to and about the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) has a new JAN E-News available - This issue has suggestions for a workplace "onboarding" process, accommodations ideas for employees who are deaf-blind, and interview tips for new graduates with Autism Spectrum Disorders. You can also find out more about JAN's activities and their upcoming events and trainings.
- The April issue of the Great Lakes Chronicle is available online - The April edition of the the Great Lakes Chronicle include news from the federal agencies: EEOC, Access Board, and DOJ. Take a look at the "From the ADA Expert" Column, the Q & A addresses the "association" provision of the ADA and employment.
- The U.S. Access Board posts March/April issue of Access Currents - This issue of Access Currents, the U.S. Access Board provides some updates on their activities and other news of interests on the ADA.
- Great Lakes ADA Center has a new issue of the Accessible Technology Bulletin available online - The Bulletin provides updates on issues and events around accessible technology (hardware, software and even web applications). There are short articles on PDF Accessibility and Section 508.
Free ADA Help
If you have a question about your rights or obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, call the Great Lakes ADA Center: