Celebrating 26 Years of the ADA
26th Anniversary of the ADA
July 26th, 2016 will mark the 26th Anniversary of the ADA. (Visit our ADA Guide to find out more about the Americans with Disabilities Act.)
- President Obama's Proclamation: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/07/25/presidential-proclamation-anniversary-americans-disabilities-act-2016
- Great Lakes ADA Center: http://adagreatlakes.com/Resources/Anniversary/
- ADA National Network: http://www.adaanniversary.org
- Administration for Community Living: http://acl.gov/NewsRoom/Observances/2016/07-July-ADA-Anniversary.aspx
- U.S. Census Bureau’s Facts for Features: Anniversary of Americans with Disabilities Act: July 26 : http://www.census.gov/newsroom/facts-for-features/2016/cb16-ff12.html
ADA Stories from Indiana
What are the ADA Stories from Indiana? The Indiana Institute on Disability and Community's Center on Aging and Community collected stories about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) from the perspective of Hoosiers for the 20th Anniversary.
Learn more about the ADA Stories from Indiana.
ADA-Indiana's 25th Anniversary Edition of the ADA Report Card for Indiana
In July, ADA-Indiana released their 25th Anniversary Edition of the ADA Report Card for Indiana.
The 25th Anniversary Edition (the 4th edition since 2010) of the ADA Report Card represents more than 300 Hoosiers who responded to the 2015 Indiana Disability Poll conducted by the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community in collaboration with the Indiana Governor's Council for People with Disabilities.
The 2015 survey, "Focus on the ADA, 25 Years Later," ran from December 2014 to May 2015, and asked people with disabilities, family members, and interested others on their perception of how the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is being implemented in Indiana cities and towns.
Free ADA Help
If you have a question about your rights or obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, call the Great Lakes ADA Center: